About this workshop
Introductory workshop in the context of which participants become acquainted with: (a) digital archives and repositories, (b) open content licenses, and (c) some examples of creative reuses of digital cultural heritage materials. In addition, with the use of image processing programmes and tools, they can create their own derivative artworks.
|Language||Greek or English|
What you will learn
- What is open access and open (cultural) content.
- Which are the possibilities of open access to cultural works.
- Some main cultural heritage websites and platforms, and their basic functionalities.
- What are the Creative Commons licenses and the Rights Statements.
- What is an original and a derivative cultural work.
- Some examples and good practices of creative reuses of open content.
- Some online image processing tools to create your own derivative works during the workshop.
- How to cite open content when reusing it.
- How to license and cite your original or derivative work under a Creative Commons license.
All those (ages 18+) who are digital culture enthusiasts, and want to express their creativity.
Basic computer and internet skills. Basic knowledge of English language.
Participants will have to use their own laptops.