Who we are
GLAM Hack is a non-formal, not-for-profit initiative, that is active in the fields of education, and culture with the aim to: (a) promote open access to culture, (b) contribute to the democratisation of knowledge through the research, educational & creative possibilities offered by open access, (c) help the public become acquainted with digital platforms of cultural heritage and their main functionalities, (d) contribute to the expression of creativity through the reuse of open digital cultural content, and (e) help internet users cultivate and improve their digital skills in order to participate actively in the (trans)formation of cultural heritage. To empower and inspire individuals, and to operate successfully, personal information is used by GLAM Hack.
Whether you are a team member, event participant, newsletter subscriber or otherwise, GLAM Hack will treat your personal information respectfully, confidentially and compliant to the General Data Protection Regulation. This privacy statement offers an explanation of how and why your personal information is processed by GLAM Hack.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Which personal information GLAM Hack processes is dependent on your relationship with GLAM Hack. GLAM Hack exclusively collects and processes the information that is necessary and relevant to your relationship with GLAM Hack and the specific purpose for which the information is processed. This generally means that GLAM Hack collects the following information:
- When applying for a team membership, or a volunteering position, we may process your name, address, date and place of birth, nationality, gender, contact details, portfolio, work history or CV, cover letter, photo, degrees and certificates and interests.
- As our team member, event participant, or volunteer, we will additionally process your emergency contact details. During a team membership or a volunteering relationship, we may process relevant information, such as performance evaluations and absence frequency.
- If you are an event participant, we may process your name, gender, age or date of birth, country of residence, contact details, the organisation that you are part of and your position, as well as your previous engagements with GLAM Hack.
- If you have subscribed to our newsletters, we will process your contact details as well as your relationship to GLAM Hack.
- By visiting our website, we may process technical data of your device used, such as the IP- address and your browsing activity.
- In any case, we may process the content of our communication (by any means) with you, as well as your relationship to GLAM Hack and your previous engagements with GLAM Hack. In addition to the information listed above, GLAM Hack may collect and process other types of necessary and relevant information, dependent on your relationship with GLAM Hack.
Purpose and Legal Basis
GLAM Hack lawfully collects and processes your personal information for a legitimate purpose depending on your relationship with GLAM Hack.
- When you are applying for a role as a GLAM Hack team member, or for a volunteering position, your information is processed with your consent and is used to assess your application.
- As a team member or a volunteer, your information is processed on the basis of a team member agreement, or volunteering contract in order to maintain the membership or volunteering relationship.
- When participating in an event or an activity, your information is processed with your consent and is used to register you as a participant, manage, communicate and diffuse the event or the activity, and maintain a record of your relationship with GLAM Hack.
- As a newsletter subscriber, your information is processed with your consent in order to provide you with the newsletter and maintain a record of your relationship with GLAM Hack.
- When visiting GLAM Hack’s website, your information is processed on the basis of GLAM Hack’s legitimate interests to continue to improve the website’s functionality, efficiency and presentation.
In the event that GLAM Hack and you enter into a contractual agreement (membership or volunteering), providing personal data to GLAM Hack is a necessary (and often legal) requirement for such an agreement. It will not be possible to enter into a contractual agreement without the requested personal data. Please note that GLAM Hack may additionally have a legal obligation to process certain information.
There is a number of ways that GLAM Hack may use or share your data in order to provide its services. For example, GLAM Hack will use your contact details to send you information about its projects, events and activities, or changes to its terms, conditions and policies.
If GLAM Hack intends to use or share your data for purposes other than those described here, GLAM Hack will inform you about this intention. GLAM Hack will only use your data upon your approval and/or if it is necessary to perform agreements.
If you contribute or upload images to the website, you should avoid contributing or uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
A cookie is a small data file that websites can write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie can contain information, such as a unique user identifier, that the site uses to track your visit. Many people worry that cookies threaten individuals’ privacy and might affect their own computers’ functioning. While they can be used in all kinds of ways by server-based applications, they pose no risk to you as a user.
GLAM Hack’s website uses some cookies in order to improve website experience. None of these cookies contains personalised data, obtains information about your system, or adds you to any mailing lists. You can read some general information about cookies here.
You can manage cookies by checking the settings for each browser you use. If you have disabled cookies on your computer, access to some areas of GLAM Hack’s website may be restricted.
Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
GLAM Hack will not share your personal data with Third Parties without your consent, unless GLAM Hack is legally obliged to, or in case GLAM Hack has contracted a Third Party to process personal data on behalf of GLAM Hack (processors).
When GLAM Hack contracts the services of a processor, GLAM Hack demands a high level of data protection standards. Processors may only process your personal data for the specific purpose for which your information is processed, on the basis of GLAM Hack’s instructions.
GLAM Hack may share your personal data in response to a law enforcement request, or in case it is in the legitimate interest of yourself, GLAM Hack or a Third Party. For instance, when registering for an event, GLAM Hack may (be required to) share your personal data with security or government organisations for security purposes.
How long we retain your data
GLAM Hack does not store your personal data longer than is necessary or required by law.
- Personal data of GLAM Hack’s team members, and volunteers is erased two years after the contractual relationship ended with the exception of information that is legally required to be kept for more calendar years.
- Event registrations in the context of projects co-funded by the programmes of the European Union and related personal data are erased after the completion of the project and its auditing period (unless you consent to keeping your information for future engagements).
- Event registrations in the context of self-funded projects and related personal data are erased two years after the event (unless you consent to keeping your information for future engagements).
- For users that register or use the contact forms on our website (if any), GLAM Hack stores any personal information they provide, in a user profile. Data is stored, till project scope or participation has ended.
- Subscriber information is erased when you unsubscribe.
What rights you have over your data
Under the conditions stated in the General Data Protection Regulation and at your request, you have the following rights in respect of your personal data processed by GLAM Hack:
- Access: GLAM Hack will supply you with information regarding the processing of your personal data (at no cost).
- Rectification: You may rectify, complete or add a supplementary statement to your personal data.
- Erasure: GLAM Hack will erase your personal data without undue delay.
- Restriction of processing: You may restrict GLAM Hack from further processing your personal data.
- Objection: You may object to the processing of your personal data on the basis of the legitimate interests of GLAM Hack.
- Data portability: You may request to receive your personal data from GLAM Hack. For example, if you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
- Withdraw consent: In the event that your personal data is processed by GLAM Hack on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent for further processing.
Please note that due to administrative and legal obligations, or for security purposes, GLAM Hack may not be able to erase all of your personal data. When such a legal obligation or security purpose expires, then these rights may be fully exercised. You will of course be notified of this.
GLAM Hack respects your privacy rights. In order to exercise your rights, please contact GLAM Hack by emailing email@example.com.
In the event that you are not satisfied by the handling of your personal data by GLAM Hack, please contact GLAM Hack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and your complaint will be addressed confidentially. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Hellenic Data Protection Authority.
How we protect your data
GLAM Hack takes appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data. Access to your personal data is restricted to persons with a relevant role or assignment at GLAM Hack.
As far as the website is concerned, it is hosted on WordPress.com, which is the largest WordPress installation in the world, and is owned and managed by Automattic, Inc., which was founded by Matt Mullenweg, the WordPress project co-creator. WordPress.com runs on the core WordPress software, and has its own security processes, risks, and solutions.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve the information on this page, please contact GLAM Hack by emailing email@example.com.